Galvanised Expanded Metal Lathing Mesh 2400 x 686mm
Ideal for use as a general reinforcement mesh. DML Expanded Metal Lathing is widely used as a backing to help prevent cracks occurring where different materials meet.
Available in galvanised and stainless steel.
- All metal components used in any particular application must be of the same material type.
- Fix with the mesh length running across the supports (at max 350 mm centres) with strand sloping downwards and away from the face of the coating.
- Timber: Using 7mm headed plasterer's nails 38 mm long, or 32 x 2 mm staples, fix to each support starting from the centre of sheet.
- Angle fixings away from the centre to give the lath the necessary tension.
- Steel: Bend 1.2 mm tying wire into long U shapes and tie lath at 100mm centres by pulling tight and twisting. When cutting wire ends, ensure that they are not left near the surface of the plaster.
- Sheet ends should be overlapped by 50 mm on supports and wired together at 150 mm centres.
- Sheet sides should be overlapped by a minimum of 25 mm and wired together at 150 mm centres in timber and steel applications.